Zombieland - No Shaun of the Dead

 Underwhelming but enjoyable enough. The jokes and zombie violence weren’t that good, but they were better because of the cast. Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin are what holds this movie together. They made it an enjoyable experience. I wasn’t a big fan of the breaking the fourth wall stuff. I’m opposed to it, but I wanted them to use it more wisely. The Bill Murray scene was the best. What does Bill Murray not make better? The chemistry between Eisenberg and Stone was well done. They had great chemistry, and I thought the romance ended up being one of the movie’s best aspects. Somehow I didn’t find much joy in the zombie violence. I’m beginning to get bored of zombie movies. I’m ready for a different type of horror icon to come back or even be created. I think I’m suffering from zombie overkill, and I felt it in this movie. I did feel a lesser comedy style here, even if I enjoyed it. British comedy is my favorite type of comedy, and when I look over at <i>Shaun of the Dead<i>, I see a far more intelligent and funny movie <b>with</b> a cast and romance more charming. I’ll never watch this again, even though I chuckled and was never bored. I’ll probably see the sequel just because I am a completionist.


6/10


Weak Recommend

Comments