Zombieland: Double Tap - Another Meh Comedy Sequel

 Oof. No one needed this and I didn’t want it. I enjoyed the first film well enough but now this feels like a joke stretched too thin. The cast is still fun but breaking up the gang and replaying old beats was a big mistake. The problem needed to be more interesting overall. I definitely didn’t need Little Rock to have her own storyline. The idea’s not bad but <i>Double Tap </i>ended up going down holes I’ve already been through and it made me beyond bored. I made the <i>Shaun of the Dead</i> comparison last time and this movie actually <b>rips it off! </b>One of the big scenes of the movie is when Luke Wilson and Thomas Middleditch come in as Harrelson and Eisenberg was something from <i>Shaun of the Dead</i>. Unlike the first film, I felt some pacing issues. Even though it’s around the same runtime they linger on set pieces and locations way too much. By the third act I had checked out and the emotion they were going for was unexpected and not executed that well. However, the cast is still enjoyable and I still cared about Eisenberg and Stone’s relationship. Even though I didn’t completely go with the idea of the band breaking up when we see them together at first, it was enjoyable. Bill Murray is still the best part of the movie. I loved the Garfield joke and it was great to see Murray again. Whatever I can say about this movie, it is better than <i>Space Jam 2 </i>and for one reason: they brought Bill Freaking Murray back. 


5/10


Not Recommend

Comments