Batman: Under The Red Hood - On The Upper Tier Of The DCAU Despite Being Based On Lackluster Material

"Bruce, I forgive you for not saving me."


I personally am not a big fan of The Red Hood comics but or The Under The Red Hood storyline. For me, revisiting the Death in The Family story feels a little more hallow to me knowing that he's just going to come back in a few decades. Even though my problems as a geek still stand with this storyline this animated film still manages to be an entertaining 75-minute film. This didn't really do anything to impress me much, which is why I gave it a 7/10. It's fun though. The action is pretty good for a film with this type of animation and the movie captured many of the things I like most about the current comics even though there are better comic stories to adapt. The inner struggle they go for with Batman one hundred percent worked for me. I do think that they did a good job at making Batman. The drama they go for with the character works quite well. Joker's inclusion did feel a little forced but he does get a great scene with a cup of water. I wasn't a big fan of the voice actor though. Jensen Ackles did a good job as well. They added some menace to him and didn't make him sound like a whiny brat like some of the other Robin voice actors have. The short runtime helps as well. The movie doesn't overstay its welcome which is always a good thing. I think this film is solid even though it's based on source material I'm not a big fan of it's a fun time and a nice Batman story. If you're a Batman fan I see no reason why you wouldn't like this. 


7/10





Comments