So I've Been Watching Cobra Kai...

    Cobra Kai has come to Netflix and I was wanting to get to it. I had a fun time with The Karate Kid (the original one) and although I have not seen the sequels I understood that this focused much more on things that had happened in the original film. The third season is also coming out soon so I wanted to catch it in time. As soon as I had finished the first two episodes I was hooked. The show captures the heart of the first film and those 80s aspects and updates it and does have a darker side to it. Each character is well layered and has multiple sides both bad and good. There aren't really any main characters you hate. There are definitely some characters you are going to hate in the show in a very 80s way that I like. You want each character to make the right decisions and they don't always do, but when they do you feel like it is a small victory. The acting is good as well. There's obviously some nostalgia that factors into the show and they don't use it all the time but when they use it can hit ya in the feelies if you are a fan of the series or the OG film. There are many plot lines throughout the series and I am just as invested in each one. The soundtrack is also awesome! It is very reminiscent of the 80s and it is a lot of fun every time it kicks in. There are always new twists and turns in each storyline. The relationship between Johnny and Danny continues to surprise me with every new turn it takes. I just want these guys to get along and then one of them will do something stupid and mess it up. The show has some cheesy moments in the show that I love because it is in keeping with the vibe of the first film. The show isn't perfect though. Some storylines go on a little too long and some characters end up feeling like they're not doing much. The show overall is still great. The characters are what continues to keep me invested in the show. I want to see where these guys end up and their journey to get there. I am so excited to continue to watch the show. I anything it makes me more appreciative of the original film. This post has been rather brief but I definitely want to encourage people to go check this out. If you're a fan of the first film then you will have an appreciation for this. I'll probably write another post on it once I've finished Season 2. It is on Netflix, go check it out.




 

Comments