What I've Discovered In 2020 and How It's Been

    I think it's no secret that 2020 hasn't been the greatest year ever. For me, I've discovered and done many great things. At the start of the year where we didn't have all this COVID stuff going around. I had my birthday and went to San Antonio with my mom and had one of the best birthdays, I've had. We also moved to our new house when we had been living in a townhouse since Halloween of 2018. This is good because if I was in that townhouse during COVID Lockdown I would have lost my sanity. 

    I also accomplished a lot. I became a comic collector, though I guess that goes into the discovery category, but it's not. I joined Letterboxd where I have been able to talk about movies more. I started this blog and I've had a great time writing these reviews and etc. I also created my first short film, Torment. Not the best title, I know. I will release the link soon. Perhaps my biggest achievement, at least in my eyes, this year I launched my podcast, The Movie Maniacs Podcast and so far we're thirty episodes in, and it's been great. If you haven't listened to the podcast don't start with the first five episodes, they're not the best. Then again I would say that for just about any podcast. That's been great!

    I've also been able to get some quote on quote, "me time". I'm an introvert so I don't necessarily have a problem with staying at home, isolated, alone, well except for my family. this leads me to the discovery portion. 2020 was really the year where I became the film fan that I am today. Well, I guess you could say it began on Thanksgiving when I watched Knives Out. At the time I was really only aware of animation, action, adventure, and blockbuster films. Not that those types of films are bad. Some of my favorite films are action and animation. Knives Out was a type of film I just didn't have on my radar. I later saw Ford v Ferrari which was another type of film I just didn't know existed. Seeing those movies launched me into seeing many other films. A few of those films are The Godfather, 12 Angry Men, Modern Times, Yojimbo, The Silence of the Lambs, Godzilla (1968), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Barry Lyndon, Foxcatcher, and Dr. Strangelove. I really owe to COVID for seeing some of those films. I've also worked more on writing. I have been able to do more work and earn some money. 


    As far as how 2020 has been it could certainly better, but I certainly haven't been having the worst time as well. I've really been blessed my God that this year hasn't royally sucked. I've been able to grow closer with my family as well even though we've been cooped up in the house. I will say though that as school begins things might get a little worse. I already have been getting sick of wearing masks everywhere. I hope yall's year has been at least ok. It hasn't sucked for me and some good things I think have gone out of this. 


                                                                                                                - Noah Newcomb

     

Comments